Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Friday, March 9

Sweetness itself

It's been sometime since Freddy made my heart beat a little faster.

We were supposed to meet yesterday afternoon on the new policies that our doctors' group has been working on. I received a call from Freddy in the morning asking to reschedule the meeting to today at 3 p.m. Since it was not an urgent matter, I agreed.

This morning, I receive another call from him, asking -- again -- for a reschedule to early Monday morning. He opened the conversation with a question: Would I kill him if he asked to reschedule the meeting?

Of course, I said yes, without even waiting for him to finish the question. I was playful, really, and his tone of voice changed to the sweetest I've ever heard him speak in. Would I really kill him? he asked.

It turned me to butter. I just wanted to take him in my arms and kiss his face all over.

Makes me now wonder if my tone of voice changed as well. I hope it did. I'm sure it did. I wonder how I sounded, if I sounded sweet at all.

So, is the "LQ" over? I suppose. It's like having a spoiled child. He is so spoiled with me. I cannot believe that I can spoil someone so much.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very poignant... i can feel it like the soft wind blowing in my face...

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home