Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Wednesday, July 19

The thrill of laughter

I've always wondered why I get so thrilled when I make people laugh. Not a group of people, though. I mean one particular person. And the more I'm attracted to that person, the more thrilled I am.

I'm not talking about excitement, either.

Thrill. n. A chilling sensation down your spine; a feeling of weakness in your knees; a fast knot in your stomach the size of a football.

That sort of feeling.

I love making Freddie laugh. His is a quiet laugh, the sort that escapes the restraints that hold all emotions back. He just has to appear so in control of himself, of everything around him, such that when he finally laughs, it's such a surprise to hear it.

I feel this warm rush of joy washing over me when he laughs at whatever it is that I happen to blurt out. Always, it's an innocuous statement, an unexpected conclusion, a curious question. When he laughs, it feels like he just wants to scoop me into his arms and give me a loving hug.

I love it when he laughs because it's me and he can't help himself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your blogging entries. Ur thoughts and ideas are always so refreshing and surprisingly honest. Painfully honest in fact.

If I may suggest, why don't you revive the TIS blog? You're probably one of the earliest on the genre. In my opinion reviving the TIS blog now along with this blog will give a dual perspective to your ideas.

The TIS blog will present the carnal and sensual side while this blog will present the objective side. Hope you consider my suggestion. There's so much honesty in you and that you have so much to tell and share.

Thanks and more power. Happy blogging.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Emyn Galad said...

That's an interesting observation. Very astute, in fact. Yes, the TIS blog showed the sensual side of me. But I kept that blog because I was "in the game" and I needed a venue to process the experiences. Now that I'm no longer playing the game, there's no more need for the blog.

I closed that chapter of my life; I don't intend to revive it.

The good news is that I've taken the lessons learned in that chapter and I'm applying them in the new. I'm still having and enjoying sex, and I'll still write about it! :) But it's not going to be the central focus of this chapter as there are a lot more experiences to be encountered in this new world!

I suppose that this blog (Home) is a continuation of the journey in self discovery that I started in the TIS blog. I just took a turn, got off the route and took another.

Thaks for staying with me all this time. I hope you stick around for this new adventure!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home