Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Friday, June 23

Mid-life-ing

Or so I'm told.

Cliff has his own theory: every seven years, people undergo life-changing events. e's lived this and I suppose it's true. The gods conspire to make life difficult for mortals. Only because they envy mankind.

Cruel.

So I live with a roommie who would love to process life with me but hates me for my survival skills, sex appeal, and in-your-face attitude toward life. Talk about a mid-life situation. I don't think I'm in a crisis. There is a huge discontent in me because I am so ready to move on but I'm trapped in a place where people just don't believe in change.

Ironic.

So this is my challenge: to get people to believe in, and ultimately, want, to change. This is my training ground, then, for new skills, for further refinement of survival skills. And the organization I work for benefits from these new skills. It's a win-win situation. I just have to be really, really patient. Difficult, but not impossible.

Wonderful.

All I really need is a clear path. And Cliff has very astutely observed that I get panic attacks because I already have a clear vision of what I want, and it's just getting clearer, stronger. And then there's the fear of not getting what I want. For the first time in my life, fear is holding me back.

Great.

I have to learn to accept my feelings and control them. My first step in developing my emotional intelligence. Maybe that's what's been missing all my life, the source of all my frustrations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home