Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Wednesday, July 7

It's raining jobs!

Been a long time. I see there are new templates on Blogger, so I thought I'd try one. It looks great! I'm thinking of getting The Inner Slut a new look with the itemized current posts appearing on the sidebar there. But I don't really like the My Profile portion. I suppose I can take that one out, but the overall design would look, well, incomplete, wouldn't it?

I've had three job offers since last month. First, from the Court of Appeals as a legal researcher/writer. Writing decisions for the appellate judge. Nix that. The court attorney in charge is a real bitch. She's got issues.

Second, my application with the Asian Development Bank is finally moving. Entry-level position: secretary (tactfully re-named Administrative Assistant). Good things going for it:

  1. Higher salary rate for the same position compared to other local private companies, at P28,000++ a month. (Three times the usual rate.)

  2. The Bank is not required by the government to withhold income taxes from the salaries of its employees who are, thus, free to report their income for tax purposes or not. (Do they or do they not? I'll give you one guess..)

  3. Fairly easy to apply for higher positions once you're in (which I intend to do once I am).


Third, a large multinational training company based overseas is putting up a call center in Manila and is looking for an English trainer for its agents. I'm to be interviewed for the position at the end of the month. Advantages over the ADB post:

  1. Possible higher initial salary at P35,000 a month.

  2. More interesting and challenging work.

  3. Possibility of overseas training or post.


Pros and Cons

The ADB offer may be lower, initially, than the training post but the possibility of getting promoted in the first seems stronger. But the work is going to be very very dry and boring. The training job seems more exciting and challenging but there's no doubt that ADB gives more in job security.

Really, at this point, there is no basis for a decision. I'll just have to find out during the interview. I can't help but think of Tom. The last time we saw each other, he taught me a few things in marketing myself and my skills. He's been very helpful. If I get a good deal with this training company, I'll be forever grateful to him. I'll have to send him a letter thanking him. I miss the guy, no matter that he's a jerk. To be fair, he's not really a jerk, just immature and insensitive, carried away by his new-found freedom. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. If I get there.

But this blog's looking good!

3 Comments:

Blogger vixen said...

halerr :). just dropping by. anyways, If you want more great looking templates, check out http://www.blogskins.com and look for w4rnawarni's blog skins. I think some of her templates will definitely suit you. I got mine from one of her creation.

take care ;) ciao!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Emyn Galad said...

Thanks, aicel! I'll look in on the site as soon as I get enough free time. Thanks for dropping by, too!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Emyn Galad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home