Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Wednesday, January 28

Visitors

My folks are coming over this weekend, along with my niece and nephew. I have to get some mussels and oysters for them, especially my dad. Cavite, being a coastal municipality, is famous for mussels. Not so much oysters but I suppose where there are mussels, oysters won't be too far behind.

Raymond's going to be with them. He's a friend of my brother's, and has easily become a friend of the family's. Great guy, him. He's my car's mechanic and my tv's technician. He's coming over to connect my tv to an outdoor antenna. Needless to say, it's been four weeks of no tv. No big deal, really, as I get to watch tv only on weekends.

I'm actually looking forward to having my mom come over. I met her last Monday for lunch. We went to this Vietnamese noodle house and it was good. I miss her. I miss the craziness in that house. All these characters, aged five to sixty-five, parading around as a matter of course. It's only when you put some distance between yourself and your small little world that you get to appreciate the uniqueness of each other. It's easier to forgive when you're not so close to each other's throats.

More on laundry

I don't know what it is about laundry, but I seem to be obsessed with it. Yesterday, an officemate asked me why I looked so tired. I said it was the laundry. I've never realized it till last Sunday that being a mother was a monumental task. And I was doing laundry for just myself. I got a glimpse of how it was to manage a household of five, and it nearly drove me insane. The physical exhaustion is just too much for one person to handle. I now have new respect for mothers and wives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home