Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Monday, December 6

Cosmetics

What's in my cosmetics bag:

  1. Nu Skin liquid foundation with moisturizer in shade of Honey (P1,200)

  2. Avon Pure White Ultra Pressed Powder in shade of Almond (P300)

  3. in2it Facial Highlighters FH 01 Shimmering Pearls (P180)

  4. in2it Long Wearing Twin Blush BT 05 Fantasy (P180)

  5. The Body Shop Quad Eyeshadow (the purple-pink-brown-silver set) (P995)

  6. Avon shimmering eye pencil in shade of lavender blue (P200)

  7. The Body Shop Lip Tint (P300)

  8. Ever Bilena Original Germany Eyeliner Soft Brown (P65)

  9. A blending brush

  10. A thin brush

  11. A big soft round all around brush



My sure-fire cleansing regimen: L'Oreal Pure Zone Continuous Purity set of foaming facial wash with micro-beads and salicylic acid; toner with salicylic acid; and oil-free anti-regreasing moisturizer. The entire set cost P700 but it's worth every penny. It's a product line that really works and, most importantly, doesn't cost thousands of pesos.

My officemate and I started on the regimen almost at the same time and we have both noticed dramatic results. We both have oily skin and large pores. My skin doesn't oil that much anymore, even if it's the week before or during my period. After two months of using the product line, our pores are visibly reduced. My friend's skin tone has lightened and now has that healthy, clean shine on it. What she experienced was that, as the dead cells were continuously removed after a week, pimples appeared which disappeared after another week.

It feels so good to put on make-up these days, as it doesn't appear oily on my face. As I just use pressed powder on my face and don't use the foundation often, this is a good thing. The real secret to make-up is good, healthy, clean skin. If you have this, make-up doesn't have to be expensive. I do, however, stay away from really cheap brands.

I suppose the only thing lacking in our regimen is daily exercise for a more significant result. Oh, well.

I've been trying to get out on my bike in the mornings but the weather keeps spoiling the fun. This morning, I finally got to go but I think I overdid it as I felt light-headed when I got home. I had to lie down for a while. I suppose my blood pressure dropped.

Let's try again on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there i've read your blog and love them. i used loreal pure zone for a couple of months but didn't work so well for me but I love in2it cosmetics specially their oil free foundaton. Can you post some tips on how to apply makeup perfectly? thanks... :)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home