Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Monday, August 23

Quiet Sunday afternoon; moody Monday

Yesterday, I lay on my bed, watching the curtains dance in the afternoon breeze. The sky outside was filled with white clouds of all shapes and sizes. The heat was toned down for a change. The sun was shining but it was a mellow golden haze. It was a very pleasant afternoon.

I closed my eyes and tried to sink into a nap. I listened to the quiet sounds of the street below: roosters crowing, the muted sound of the tv from the neighbors, the occasional buzzing tricycle. Very, very pleasant. But I couldn't get drowsy.

It felt very peaceful. I wondered if it were true, that I love to be alone. The thought bothered me, as if it were a bad thing, wanting to be alone. But, truth to tell, I relish the fact that I'm living on my own, away from my very doting parents, despite almost nine months already having passed. I realized that it's not the novelty of it. It's the being alone that I value.

What do I do during the weekend, anyway? There's the laundry and the ironing, of course. Then there's the cleaning. And the cooking. I don't really cook anything fancy. I just fry chicken, make tuna something (canned tuna sauteed in garlic and onion), boil rice. Sometimes, I fry dried fish and make sunny side-up eggs. Or sautee corned beef. I really gotta learn some new recipes.

I guess I can try making arroz a la Cubana this weekend. Sauteed ground pork, fried rice with raisins, sunny side-up eggs, and fried bananas. We'll see what we can get from the store. Depending on my budget. Hmmm...I can have corned beef instead of ground pork. That'll do.

Carl went skiing this week. He gave me a call yesterday, saying he had a grand time. I'm getting tired of this long-distance crap. He's sweet and all, very thoughtful, but it's getting kinda boring. I mean, what's to talk about?

Dale went off to New York last Sunday. He said he was gonna be there for a week. So I guess he's back already. Haven't sent him any email or text message. I don't care about this set-up anymore, either. I'm getting tired of it all. If he wants to see me, he can call me. If he wants to drop it, then he can well fucking do so.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I'm getting my period next week. Anwyay, I've gone back to the gym, as in really gone back. Had a real sweat this morning, good time on the transport machine. Great shower. My back muscles feel strained but, in all, I feel a lot better than the past three weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Kawawa ka naman!

Pero things seem quite good for you.
I know what you mean about enjoying alone time... everyone needs time to think and personal space too!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home