Ma, I'm Home!

40s, single, professional and female, living away from home.

Monday, January 12

Laundry

I did my laundry yesterday. A week's worth of laundry. Gad, how my body aches. It was hand-washing, folks. I still have to get a washing machine. I could have sent the whole caboodle to a laundromat but it was too much of a hassle, considering that I still had to locate one near my place and especially because I had run out of money. I honestly don't know where my money went.

Now that I'm living on my own -- again -- I have to watch every centavo. Back to scrimping and saving -- again.

This past week, I had nothing but bread and margarine, with a bit of fruit, in the evenings. I didn't have any money and nor time to go to market for greens for a salad, or even the vinegar, salt and pepper for the vinaigrette. Even the apples I got from my mom. I miss being at home with my family. But I have to admit, eating less in the evening has led to some loss of weight.

Back to the laundry. I was thinking this morning in the car, driving to work, that I had this wonderful opportunity to compalin about the division of labor in the house, except that I didn't have anyone to divide the labor with and, thus, to complain to. Did I feel lonely? No, I was grinning as I handed the toll gate teller my fee for that morning. But, seriously, folks, I need to get me a washing machine.

I also thought about the fact that I have two blogs. The "Dying" blog, I realized, is for my secret identity, the one no one knows anything about. This "Alone" blog is for the real me. This is me.

This is me.

Me. One who does laundry. One who runs out of money. One who goes hungry in the night.

Me. Alone, I have meaning, existence, plot and funny lines. I'm a sitcom all by my lonesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home